About the Artist...
Listing from Who's Who
University of Toronto Press
VEZINA, Christopher Lyall Jon B.A. , A.O.C.A.
- Born North Bay, Ontario - 1955
- Son of Lyall Joseph and Ellen Jean (Cousineau) Vezina
- Painter, sculptor, designer, CEO Marbleous (Canada)
- Wilfrid Laurier University, General Arts Program. 1972-1973
- Nipissing University, B.A. Sociology, History
- Ryerson Politechnical Institute. Interior Design and Architecture.
- Ontario College of Art, A.O.C.A. 1976-1980
- Numerous trips and extensive study and work in Pietrasanta, Italy, in marble, terracotta, bronze, plaster, and granite.
1974 - 1975
- Experience in mechanical and technical drafting.
- Interior planning, costing, and material selection.
- Welding, drawing, photography
1976 - 1979
- Design and construction of furniturei in wood, metal, and plastics.
- Extensive experience with materials in relation to sculpture.
- Product design.
1979 - Present
- Pietrasanta, Italy, carving a wide variety of stone marbles.
- Bronze casting, chasing, and finishing.
- Mould making
- Construction and execution of models in clay, plaster, and terracotta.
- Private collections in Canada, England, Italy, France, and Bermuda.
- Private exhibit at Widdifield Secondary School, North Bay, Ontario - 1970
- Artisan's Alley London, Ontario (1st Public Exhibition) - 1978
- Ontario College of Art Student Exhibit - 1981
- Libbey's of Toronto - 1981
- Toronto Art Exhibition (Outdoor) - 1982-1992
- Columbus Centre - 1982
- Columbus Centre - 1986
- Thomson Corporation (Private Collection) - 1988
- Campbell House Gallery, Georgetown, Ontario -. 1989
- Subject of several newspaper articles.